Monday, December 17, 2007

Malacca trip.

I was late for a day for the trip.

8.30am, I was at Ming's house, waiting for his mommy, big bro and sis.
I'm following them to Malacca.
I felt awkward, really really awkward.

I don't really know his siblings, but I think I've got no choice but to follow them.

We went to Melur for breakfast.
A busy Saturday's morning, we waited for quite some time only they came and take our order.
We realize something.
The roti canai was rather small and thin.
I think when they never increase price, then the quantity will be lower down.
Sigh.
The milo panas was as usual, kemanisan tak terhingga.


Beginning of the journey, I don't know what to talk but keep quiet only.
Jess broke the ice.
Then, we talked about everything throughout the journey.
Vince and Auntie joined in too.

Now, the atmosphere in the car is better. =)

We reached the Malacca Zoo at 10 plus.
Me and Auntie thought of going to the toilet, but the receptionist told us we can only use the toilet after we buy the ticket.
Apala?

Pay you RM7 just to visit the toilet?
Dream on man!


We got back to the car, and continue waiting for the rest.

And the waiting part was testing our patient.
We seriously wonder what caught them up?
From the apartment to zoo, the most was half an hour.

Vince drove us to Petronas, for me and Auntie to go toilet. Haha!
Then, he bought 2 packets nuts for us to munch.
I think...
We've waited for almost one and a half hour only they came.
It was already 12pm and its time for lunch.


The initial plan was to go for satay celup, but the those place were closed.
Famosa chicken rice in Jonker Street was where we had our lunch then.
Seriously, I don't think the chicken rice ball was nice.
It was tasteless and not as nice.
I prefer the normal chicken rice.

After lunch, Ming's family gotta check-in for their hotel. Semabok Inn.
All of us weren't that familiar with the location in Malacca.
Its all depends on the map Ming printed out earlier.
I think we've round in the same place for 3 times before we realize the lousiness of the signboard in Malacca.
It was drizzling after the check-in procedure was done.
The plan to visit Mini Malaysia and Mini ASEAN change to shopping in Dataran Pahlawan.
By the time we reached Dataran Pahlawan, the drizzle stop.
But, since we were already there, so we just went in.
I wasn't in the mood to shop, just walk around and took some pics with Jess.
Auntie was talking to some sales girl while Vince accompanying her.
Then, when Auntie was paying for the products, Vince, Jess and me were next to her.
Got one lady talked to us, asked where we from, she even thought me and Vince are siblings. =.= "
Hello miss! His eyes so big, my eyes so small, don't even look alike, your eyes got problem a?
What worst is, she told us she owned a house in Subang SS2. o.O
Later, Vince went to get a proper map from the information counter with RM3.

And we are going to Portuguese Village to have our dinner.
Once we stepped out from the car, I know that we've came to the wrong place.
The people over here, so desperate for customers.
All coming to us and start telling us how great is their restaurants.
We faster cabut to the other side to watch sunset.
The couples were enjoying the views, while Agnes were telling us lame jokes.
Vince took out his super canggih camera and took the girls, not forgotten Auntie. =)
After that, its show time.
Me and Jess took turn to pose for the camera. Haha!
We were busy taking pics til the moon and stars appeared in the dark blue sky.

Now the most headache part is, which restaurant shall we go?
There are all together 10 restaurants, and we didn't know which one is nice?
We thought of going to number 1, but it was full house and nobody come and serve us.
And this number 3 keep coming to us and set the table for us, so we've got no choice and go for it.
It was really a big mistake.

We waited for like almost 45 minutes to get our order.
That also first 2 orders only, and we have continue waiting for the rest of the orders to come.
We thought of cancel order and go to other place to eat, but they don't let pulak.
And all their food were tasteless, especially the fried chickens, even I can cook better than them!

We lost our mood to stay in Portuguese Village to watch for the performances, so we went Jonker Street for the pasar malam instead.
The street was so long and so many people, and all of us get seperated after few steps of walk.
Auntie and Jess, Vince and me, Chan and Grace, Ming and Wendy, Agnes and Amanda and Hsan.
Agnes was carrying Vince's tripod some more.
Then, he was like saying, if see anyone holding his tripod but not Agnes, then he knows la his tripod kena sell by Agnes. Lol.
Vince was taking the pics of the old buildings while we were strolling across the street.
Seeing different kind of building and people, feeling excited when we saw unique buildings with nice lighting.
There's a very pretty interior design shop, hidden in the middle of the street.
The place just so gorgeous and relaxing, but no camera allowed, so we never get in.
We saw people selling dogs, eldest singing karaoke in club house, people who make up and dress as though they are going dinner to pasar malam and etc.
I learned more about photography from Vince, the flash, the equipments, the price and all.
And he solved my questions for me. =)

By the time we got back to our appartment, it was already 12 something midnight.
After eveyone's shower, they start playing games while me waiting for my hair to dry and ready to sleep.
This first time I slept the earliest in trip.
Usually, I'm the one who sleep latest and wake up earliest.
I don't know, maybe I was just too tired.

The next day, after much consideration, we stop by at Jonker Street again.
The rest are going to have their breakfast, while me walk around at the A Famosa, the museum, and back to gather with Ming's family.
We stand under the tree to chit chat, planning to have Nyonya food for lunch.
And more knowledge about the photography were taught by Vince. ^^

Later on, we walked to the Restaurant Nyonya Suan at Jalan PM3.

The sun was shining brightly.
Jess told me a super lame joke which make me really sweat. =.="'
It was very funny when each I crossed road with Jess.
She'll either hold Anutie's hand or Vince's hand, then another hand will hold on my neck, lead me to cross pulak.
And they always call me 'xiao hai zi', even Jess who's younger than me call me like this. Huhu. ^^
Well, the Nyonya food was okay, better than the one in Portuguese Village laa.
But, one thing we realize, Malacca people very healthy, cause their food are so tawar. =/
Was that a fact or coincident? God knows.

After lunch, we headed to Taman Mini Malaysia and Mini ASEAN.
The entry ticket was RM 12 for adults and RM 6 for primary and secondary students.
For uni or college students, if we present our student card, we pay RM 10.
Hehe.
So of course we try to pay less laa.

The place was big, and there're mainly about the traditional houses in each states of Malaysia and of also for the ASEAN countries.
Those houses were lack of maintainance though.
The fun part was when we go up to the Rumah Panjang of Sabah and Sarawak, their stairs were so susah to climb.
Basically, we just look see look see only, due to lack of time.
While we were walking along the path, we saw monkeys around.
Then, there was this monkey who thought itself as Jackie Chan.
Perfoming a stunt action where it 'fly' from a tree to the other tree. Lol.

Both my shoulders were red and itchy and pain, I thought I was stung by the mosquitoes.
But, when Vince saw it, the said I got sunburn already. =/
I thought my hair already cover it, how come still get sunburn?
Sad sad. =(
Should have apply sun block.
I din even get sunburn during the 8 days I was in Terengganu, but now I got sunburn from this 2 days trip pulak. =S

I followed Ming's family back.
Jess was asking me about make up thingy which I'm so not pro in. Haha.
I saw Vince looked blur in front, then Auntie asked us to talk to him, cause he's super tired.
Then, this Jess pulak say she wants to sleep, told Vince if he feel sleepy then wake her up.
So, left me and him talking about... CARS!
From the ABS to sports car to air bag to his car to I also forgotten already laa...
Once a while, Auntie will joined in to our conversation.
And when I reached home, my luggage still not yet reacg, in Chan's Innova. =p

So yea, this basically about the whole trip.
Hmmm... I think red ants in Malacca are very poisonous.
Cause I was stung by one of it, not very big one, and my foot swell and the redness and itchyness and pain'ness spread to almost half on my foot!
I applied medicine, and now the redness gone, the bengkak'ness gone.
What left now is blue black and pain'ness as though I knock on something.
Ish ish.

*Oh yea, pics will be upload once I got it from Chan, Jess, Ming, Vince*

No comments: