Sunday, May 3, 2009

What is happening to the kids nowadays?


Went to the cousie's 9th's birthday party on the Friday.
It was sort of a family gathering a.k.a uncle's uni's friends gathering a.k.a kids gathering.

I always thought I click well with kids.
At least most of the time, kids love coming to me.
However, after seeing this bunch of 9 year-old kids, I don't feel like I am going to click well with them even if I approach them.
The cousie is staying at some rich people area in Sri Petaling.
So yea, most of her friends also kinda rich.
That can be seen when from the way they dress (branded sial), the way they talk, the cars their parents drive (big and expensive giler), the handbags their mother carrying (LOL).

So anyway, when the kids were having fun, I saw this maid that I've never see before.
Uncle's house has no maid, his uni's friends' maid also all busy taking care of their children, so who is that maid who was busy collecting ballon and party bags?

Around 9 ish, a white Estima stopped in front of the house.
A young looking mother carrying her Gucci handbag came down from the car.
2 sisters run to the mother.
Then, then, then...
The maid who I saw just now follow them and get into the car. O.o
Wth did I just saw the maid get into that Estima?
Since when it is a culture to bring maid along to a birthday party.
I mean, kids bringing maid to birthday party?
Seriously, I really don't see the necessity of doing so, even when you're that rich.
What is the maid going to do?
All I can see from this kinda act is just plain showing off.
Cause the maid basically just helping the kids to collect ballon and party bag.
As if the kids got no hands to do so.
This kinda of attitude is the main cause that children nowadays become so dependent and know nothing much about taking good care of themselves and their belongings.
They get what they want easily, and don't appreciate what they own.
For them, they can always buy again if they spoil anything.
Tsk tsk tsk...

This contribute to the reason why my family didn't get any pressie to the cousie but giving her ang pau instead.
Cause she has whatever that a 9 year-old kid needs, she doesn't appreciate what she has, I don't see the point of getting her any pressie and I have no idea what to get her anyway.
Just let the cash do its job.
The parents is going to keep the money for her, so its better than getting her things then she spoil it later.

On another side note, while the adults were all happily talking and updating each other about their life, a Nokia ringtone stops all coversations.
Everyone turned to the sound source.
A 9 year-old kid picked up the call.
Everyone was staring at that little girl when she was on the phone.
After she hang up the call, the adults included me went 'wahhhh'.
So young dy get handphone, back to those time, we handphone pun tak tau.
Back to my time, handphone for me is 'dai gor dai', the bulky water bottle lookalike phone that look something like this.

Don't the parents know that radioactive harm children's brain cell if they start using handphone at such young age?
No wonder cancer rates are getting higher and a lot of younger people getting it.
I really don't know what are all those parents have in their mind man.

I didn't want to rant so much about this, but I just couldn't help ranting.
This is not the correct way to raise the kids, even though I know I have got no rights in telling this since I'm not even a mother.
Its just not right to see children behaving like this.
Parents, please do something about it.

5 comments:

rei99 said...

i totally agree with you..so sad to see how some parents spoil their kids.

Anonymous said...

Hmm.. maid to a party?
gosh.. they're certainly taking things for granted..

Licey said...

rei99,

This is a way also caused them to not respect to the eldest. Uughhh! I can't stand spoilt kids.

kenwooi,
That's why! I totally dislike, not only kids but those who take things for granted. Tsk.

-cher- said...

one generation and another generation...

when u have ur kids, things will be worst!

Licey said...

Cher,

I want to faint when I think of the future kids.